Procurement Heads are partnering with a UK market leading utilities provider and sustainably led business, to support with the appointment of a Procurement Contract Manager.
The role is newly created as part of the rapid growth, supplying services to UK and Ireland.
We’re seeking to appoint a Procurement Contract Manager with previous experience of managing public sector contracts, tenders and frameworks across a fast-paced, commercially focused procurement function. You would be based remotely, working within a supportive and collaborative environment and encouraged to meet with your team around twice per month. There a number of offices available, for you to catch up with colleagues and attend business critical meetings.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support the management of procurement, contract and spend compliance across a range of categories
- Support the development of procurement Frameworks alongside the team of energy and public services expert
- Identify risks/opportunities working closely with the stakeholders ensuring supplier performance is tracked, analysed and reported in line with SLAs/KIPs
- Contribute towards the development of procurement tools and processes ensuring we and our customers execute tenders and further competitions compliantly
- Work with your line manager and the wider team to support with asset management and sustainability requirements.
Experience required for the role:
You’ll need to be able to influence procurement decisions supporting senior stakeholders across the business therefore interpersonal skills will be key to the success of this role. As part of that, you’ll need to evidence examples of influencing, negotiating and managing supplier relationships in your previous role.
For this role, you’ll need to have experience of working within a procurement function that operates under Public Contracts Regulations 2015. This is a truly exciting time to join the organisation and take part in the delivery of the new Procurement Act 2023 that will be coming into force as of October this year.
If you are passionate about sustainable procurement, this role will provide you with some great exposure of Environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG), empowering customers on their journey to net zero.
On offer is a salary of £50,000 pa + benefits including:
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension
- Flexible work hours
- Sharesave scheme
- Life insurance cover
- Finish at 4 pm on a Friday