*Note: this role is highly likely to go permanent after a 6-month period
A business driving innovation in the energy industry, through the delivery of strategic and highly effective procurement, is seeking a Procurement Specialist on a 6-month fixed term basis with a view to go permanent after such time.
The Procurement Specialist will work across a range of projects aligned to indirect categories. Your role will support Senior Procurement Specialists in the development of clear and defined strategies. You will work to deliver efficient and effective procurements, delivering value for key business stakeholders.
- Take account for key procurement tasks in your assigned category portfolio
- Identify key suppliers, maintaining up to date knowledge of market insights and changes
- Lead negotiations with suppliers, ensuring value for both suppliers and stakeholders alike
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Conduct ongoing management of suppliers, maintaining relationships whilst monitoring performance
- Put forward suggestions to improve efficiency within the procurement team where possible
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a Procurement professional who is available at short notice to pick up this contract, but who has the ambition and drive to take this role forward on a permanent basis. Further skills required are as follows;
- Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Capability to lead negotiations with suppliers
- High degree of commercial acumen and ability to act as a trusted advisor where required
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 07387103143 / 01962 869838 . All enquiries are completely confidential.
Job reference: 896737