Reporting to the Procurement Category Lead, this is a unique opportunity to join an automotive business pushing the boundaries of innovation and design.
Working within a unique project-driven Procurement team you will work on a range of strategic initiatives, acting as the liaison between the business and suppliers whilst ensuring stakeholder relationships are maintained.
The business is undergoing transformation and rapid growth in response to its critically acclaimed product line. The Procurement Category Specialist will need to apply expert judgement to enable the business to make collaborative and well balance commercial decisions.
This role will provide excellent Procurement and Commercial support to the assigned stakeholder group, within a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will work cross-functionally with stakeholder departments to drive quality, service and commercial rigour into every aspect of the business.
As Procurement Category Specialist your responsibilities will include:
- Full procurement life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for sourcing of high quality, value for money goods and services
- Continuous improvement of processes and administrative functions required to complete role, to ensure a streamlined and efficient way of working.
- Accountability and delivery of commercial and cost-saving targets
- Maintain SRM processes with suppliers to build long term relationships and synergies based upon common goals and objectives
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to support negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills. Happy to challenge authority.
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent written and presentational skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively.
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach towards problem-solving.
- Proven supply chain management and procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value organisations.
- Ability to manage stakeholders who span all levels of authority within the business.
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Category Specialist role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7387103143| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.