A private-equity-backed Fintech Bank is seeking a tech-savvy Procurement Category Manager.
A private-equity-backed Fintech Bank on a rapid evolutionary expansion journey through organic and inorganic (acquisition) growth is seeking a tech-savvy Procurement Category Manager to assist the newly appointed Head of Procurement in growing the function.
The Head of Procurement has spent the last eight months putting a 24-month procurement roadmap in place, so now is the time for a commercial and hungry procurement professional to execute the strategy by using the data to see and seize opportunities/deals.
With the foundations now in place, you’ll joint manage a growing spend of circa £15m and play a key role in pipeline management, ESG, sustainability, contract management, governance, reporting and tendering.
Moving forwards, as the function develops further, digital tooling will be implemented as well as Procurement led change management projects to ensure Procurement evolves alongside the business.
The role would see you working in the business’ vibrant office 2-3 days a week with the rest of the working week to be conducted remotely.
The business is brimming with intelligent, diverse and forward-thinking professionals who are all on the journey to raise the bar in the fintech banking sector.
As Procurement Category Manager (Tech) your key responsibilities will be:
- You will play an important role where you will be responsible for the category strategy – analysis, sourcing, commercial negotiation and contract execution of the Bank’s IT Application Development, Testing, Maintenance and Outsourcing related projects as well as other areas.
- This opportunity is set in a fast-paced and supportive working environment where you will be able to influence change and demonstrate your values and delivery whilst being exposed to board-level colleagues.
- You will own, manage, develop and deliver category and procurement strategies allocated to you and provide commercial support and guidance to business stakeholders, ensuring optimal commercial solutions are delivered in line with the Group Procurement Policy and ways of working.
Skills and experience:
- Tech procurement exposure and an interest in learning more about the category
- End-to-end experience in category management and the development of category strategies for key products and services
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of the end-to-end procurement lifecycle, preferably in a technology-focused environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills with evidence of working collaboratively across a varied group of stakeholders
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills along with experience of working within a regulatory environment are required to be successful in this role
- Gravitas and the willingness to roll up sleeves in a greenfield function
Benefits of the Procurement Category Manager (Tech) role include:
- 10% bonus
- Enhanced pension (4.5% employee; 6% employer)
- Life assurance (5x)
- 25 days holiday