The Public Sector practice is pleased to be recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager in London.
We’re pleased to be partnering with one of the largest emergency services organisations, who are on the look out for a number of Category Managers to join their newly structured procurement function. You’ll have the pleasure of working alongside a Head of Category, across a series of crucial functions including Professional Services including IT, Soft FM as well as Estates, Training, Marketing, Recruitment and Consultancy.
About the role
As a Procurement Category Manager, you’ll be a member of one of the category teams within Procurement department, responsible for ensuring that procurement sourcing activities and contracts comply with UK legislation and the Commissioner’s Scheme of Governance, policies and guidelines. You’ll be leading on end-to-end tenders, working with suppliers to negotiate on contracts and build successful relationships.
You’ll be involved in managing procurement and contract activities of varying complexity to achieve best value in support of the departments wider objective of standardisation, aggregation and and control of risk.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake, manage and act as the procurement lead on medium to high complexity procurement and contract activities
- Management of key supplier accounts
- Manage and monitor assigned major contracts, to ensure compliance and consistency within contract terms
- Prepare a business case where the introduction of new service requirements is required
- Carry out market and supplier research, to assist in determining appropriate procurement strategies
- Assist junior members of staff with the management of the e-purchase order management process
We’re looking for candidates who have previous experience of managing end-to-end procurement activities either within a public sector environment or private industry. Knowledge of Public Contract Regulations would be desired but is not essential.
The role will be hybrid, with 2x days on site in London. You can expect to work within a collaborative, commercially focused environment where teamwork and flexibility around life and work commitments is truly valued. This includes an additional 12 days holiday can be achieved over the course of the year.
The interview will be a 2-stage process, including a cover letter and a formal interview held on site in London between end of February and early March.
Benefits of the role include:
- £43,000 – £52,000
- Hybrid & Flexi working
- Company pension contribution
- Season Ticket Loans
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
Looking for similar roles? Find them here