A well-known FTSE 100 brand is looking to recruit a Procurement Category Manager to take ownership for c£50m spend across Hard & Soft Services.
The FM Category is critical to the success of the organisation and the customers it serves. You will need to have proven experience in either soft or hard FM in previous roles as there will be some knowledgable stakeholders that will expect procurement to act as SME’s if they are to deliver value into their business units.
A lot of the Soft FM is already contracted with a few years left on the contracts. The Hard FM aspects have historically been light touch as the stakeholders have managed this themselves which therefore presents a real opportunity to create some wins and add value early on in your journey.
Key areas of focus include:
- Plan, develop and execute a procurement strategy that delivers sustainable purchasing income & robust contracts with year-over-year improvements.
- Engage with senior-level stakeholders across the Group to jointly execute strategic projects.
- Adapts quickly to change, capacity to handle multiple change agendas yet to stay in control.
- Well-developed people and change management skills, setting the highest ethical and professional standards at all times.
- Able to influence all levels of the organization.
- Acquires and maintains an understanding of category trends, market forces, cost data and supplier intelligence.
You will need to have experience in the FM Category in your current or previous roles and will be comfortable with strategic sourcing, negotiation and supplier relationship management. You will also be responsible for the development of one direct report although prior management responsibility is not a pre-requisite.
If you are currently wanting to broaden your knowledge and experience of FM and are ready to step into a Category Lead role, this could be a great opportunity for you giving you the autonomy to shape the strategy and build relationships with the stakeholders as you see fit.