Procurement Heads is working on a great opportunity to work with a growing infrastructure provider as a Procurement Category Manager.
Procurement Heads is working with an infrastructure organisation which provides enhanced mobile telephony coverage.
The organisation builds and operates telecommunications towers capable of accommodating multiple operators.
We are looking for a Category Manager to work with the extensive supply chain across the areas of site services, maintenance, security and power management.
The Category Manager will be responsible for securing new supply contracts across these areas and managing key relationships in the delivery of these.
As Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- To drive the strategic sourcing process: identification of bidders and the strategy through which to approach the market and select the most appropriate supplier
- Lead commercial/contractual discussions with suppliers
- Drive the supplier relationship management process and lead supplier performance improvement meetings
- Lead the development of supplier performance improvement plans and recommends intervention if the performance improvement plan fails
- Identify implement and realise value through effective strategic cost management and mitigates business risk by ensuring rigorous contract management
- Undertake due diligence in mitigating all external supply risks from supplier selection through to contract execution and management
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers and co-ordinate implementation into production
Qualifications and experience:
- MCIPS is desirable
- Experience in infrastructure site services and management is desirable
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is desirable
- Knowledge of category management practices is essential
- Well-developed organisational, written, communication skills and presentation skills
Benefits of the role include:
- £60-65,000 per annum
- 15% bonus
- Gym membership 50% off
- Medical insurance
- Pension – 9%
- Life cover 4 x salary
- Share options