A globally recognised consumer goods business is going through an exciting Procurement transformation and as a result, is looking to recruit a Procurement Lead to oversee the Logistics spend across EMEA.
As Procurement Category Lead – Logistics & Indirects, your role will be managing all of the 3PL and distribution supplier contracts as you look to drive strategic value in this spend area and will report to the Head of Procurement who is also based in the state of the art Surrey head offices. The plan is to go and develop this role into team management responsibilities and succession planning for the Head of Procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and delivering multi-million-pound category sourcing plans across Logistics spend across EMEA
- Accountable for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Core focus on delivering strategic contracts in areas such as Freight and Distribution and ensuring the Logistics supply base is driving best value
- Have solid category knowledge of Logistics Procurement as well as other broader category areas.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business and manage a team of Procurement professionals
- Have the energy and drive to deliver key strategic projects for the business.
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
If you are a Procurement professional with Logistics Procurement experience, a good size portfolio of spend in this area or a similar category and perhaps looking for that next step in your career then this could be the role for you!