A leading global media brand is recruiting a Procurement Category Lead (HR & Travel) to join its high-performing procurement function.
Reporting to the Head of Indirect Procurement, you’ll manage a spend of circa £200m across HR, travel, meetings, events and fleet, ensuring maximum value for money across the Group while minimising risk.
The role will be a mix of stakeholder management, category management, sourcing, supplier relationship management and establishing guided buying channels, enabling users to order from preferred suppliers quickly and efficiently.
A supportive, diverse and inclusive business, the organisation is delighted to be committed to the Race Charter, has been confirmed as one of the Stonewall Top 100 Employers for LGBTQ+ inclusion in the UK and is regularly recognised for its commitment to D&I.
This role can predominantly be conducted remotely with occasional travel into the London HQ.
As Procurement Category Lead (HR & Travel) your key responsibilities will be:
- Establishing category plans, preferred supplier lists, executing sourcing strategies, managing risk, driving innovation and managing key suppliers
- Developing and executing a robust stakeholder management strategy – translating business priorities into sourcing initiatives that deliver agreed outcomes
- Utilising spend analytics to prioritise initiatives and proactively recommend strategies for maximising value
- Delivering measurable savings against agreed targets
- Working in collaboration with the extended team to drive function wide objectives – including enabling guided buying channels
- In conjunction with legal, ensuring sourcing contracts protect the company’s interests and driving robust risk strategies whilst promoting sustainability and diversity
- Approving all relevant third party spend above agreed thresholds
- Establishing and utilising network to keep abreast of industry best practice and drive innovation
Skills and experience:
- A proven HR Category Manager who has worked in a global role and is looking to step up into a more senior role
- Someone who has led and managed strategic relationships across subcategories such as benefits, global mobility, talent acquisition, executive search and contingent labour programmes
- Ability to influence externally at C-suite level and internally to at least Director-level
- Articulate with strong communication, people, and leadership skills
- Experience leading both virtual and physical global teams
- Ability to lead by influence rather than authority when necessary
- Strong problem solving and change management ability
- Evidence of managing strategic relationships and negotiating complex, high-value third-party agreements
Benefits of the Procurement Category Lead (HR & Travel) role include:
- 10% bonus
- Double-matched pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Share scheme
- 25 days holiday