Procurement Heads is delighted to be working with one of the UK's leading energy providers, which is recruiting a Procurement Category Lead.
Procurement Heads is working with one of the UK’s leading energy providers which is at the forefront of Carbon Net Zero within the UK.
You will be working within their Global IT Procurement Team of 30 and reporting to the Global IT Category Manager.
You will be responsible for developing, executing, and implementing global procurement and sourcing strategies across the Networks Category, managing a spend of c.£275m.
As Procurement Category Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Working with key stakeholders to establish business needs and establish long-term category strategies
- Leading complex tenders end-to-end until contract award.
- Analysing and forecasting trends and tracking category savings targets in alignment with the business goals.
- Developing negotiation plans with clarity of desired outcomes, leveraging stakeholder input and support where appropriate
- Implementing and monitoring supplier performance through KPIs
Qualifications and experience:
- Comprehensive experience in strategic sourcing and contract negotiations
- Experience in establishing category or sourcing strategies and management of tendering events
- Experience in Networks Procurement (preferred although not essential)
- The ability to work cross-functionally to support critical business objectives
- Working towards or have CIPS Level 6 (preferred)
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Have a passion for enabling an affordable net zero and are motivated to make a difference.
Salary and benefits of the Procurement Category Lead role:
- A salary of £55-60,000
- A bonus based on personal and company performance
- A double-match contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave
- Additional flexible benefits