Reading’s largest utility business is looking for a Procurement Business Partner, Capex to join them as they go through a period of transformation and growth.
The Procurement Business Partner will look after a range of complex projects working across a number of different teams and proactively engage with a range of senior stakeholders.
Building and driving sourcing strategies across multi-disciplines, you will be responsible for project managing, prioritising and ultimately consistently delivering on time and with best value outcomes.
You will be accountable for:
- Line management of Capital Projects Sourcing Managers.
- Providing a high calibre and professional commercial service to support the delivery of the portfolio of major capital projects within the organisation.
- Identifying and achieving opportunities for efficiencies and delivery of improved business outcomes by developing and pursuing appropriate commercial strategies in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Negotiating and managing robust capital delivery contracts in full compliance with EU procurement regulations.
As Procurement Business Partner your key responsibilities will be:
- Deliver excellent value-for-money commercial arrangements, following the procurement methodology and wider Commercial team processes.
- Work with project sponsors and other key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive procurement brief identifying the key drivers, requirements, assumptions and constraints for the project.
- Manage Commercial and external resources allocated to projects.
- Identify options in terms of delivery models, commercial architectures, contractual mechanisms and procurement routes to deliver the desired outcomes.
- Work with project sponsors and other stakeholders to progress timely decision making in order to agree requirements and finalise options.
- Prepare and agree with stakeholders an insight-led procurement delivery plan for each project.
- Prepare Gate Packs to gain formal approval within governance processes.
- Lead all commercial activities in the procurement of major projects from end-to-end – market engagement, PQQ, tender, negotiation, and award.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrates positive leadership behaviours.
- Typically, degree and/or professional qualification (CIPS/RICS/IACMM).
- 7-10 years of strategic sourcing in a multi-stakeholder and multi-site environment, preferably of infrastructure construction projects.
- Track record of developing procurement and contracting strategies for large £50m+ built asset projects in Utilities – deep knowledge and understanding of the implications of Utilities Contract Regulations (OJEU) on procurement events.
- Understanding of the technical engineering aspects of built assets, and an ability to ask the right questions and challenge appropriately – water networks and process knowledge highly desirable.
In applications we will be looking for:
- Dynamic procurement professionals with a minimum of 5 years’ worth of experience
- Degree educated
- Studying towards MCIPS
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement Business Partner role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.