This FTSE250 business provides a variety of financial products including consumer, car, and property finance as well as savings and wealth management offerings.
The business has established an excellent reputation in the market with an ethos based on building lasting relationships.
In this role, you will interact with the full procurement lifecycle, from the point of selection and onboarding through to post-contract management.
This role will work closely with the senior stakeholders in the business to optimise commercial value and minimise risk with their third-party relationships in a range of category areas.
With a clear progression route in place, this is a great opportunity to join an organisation where you can develop and gain fantastic exposure to senior-level stakeholders.
The procurement team has a strong voice in this business with fantastic support from the top level, meaning there is real scope for the successful candidate to help drive the business forward through best practices.
An open-door culture is at the heart of the business, and they pride themselves on differentiating from the ‘old-school’ corporate way of working.
They operate a hybrid working model with a mix of remote and collaborative work in their London offices.
Key responsibilities for the Procurement Business Partner role:
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders across the organisation, acting in the capacity of a trusted advisor
- Maintaining a strategic understanding of the needs of business areas within remit to ensure that value is optimised and risk mitigated
- Ensuring a positive impact on the business by driving awareness of the procurement function
- Leading sourcing, contract negotiations and renewals for the business’s third-party arrangements
- Supporting the business with in-life relationship management where appropriate
- Ensuring that work undertaken is compliant with the procurement framework
- Providing input on continuous improvement initiatives and data requirements across the lifecycle
- Working closely with colleagues where ongoing assurance activities are undertaken on suppliers within their remit
Key skills and experience for the Procurement Business Partner role:
- Strong procurement, category and/or relationship management experience
- Strong experience managing key supplier engagements (top 2 tiers both onboarding and in life) delivering tangible commercial value, mitigating risk and delivering wider benefits
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong contract negotiation experience, in particular for larger, risk and more strategic arrangements
- Excellent verbal, and written communication and networking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the Financial Services industry (desirable)
Benefits of the Procurement Business Partner role:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Private healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- 4x Life assurance
- 15% pension (5.3% employee/10% company)