We are exclusively working with a dynamic and fast-growing SME that imports products from the Far East and the UK and sells primarily to wholesalers and some national accounts.
Reporting to the Procurement Lead and forming part of the Senior Leadership team, the Procurement & Supply Chain Manager role will be to recruit and manage a small team to support the business in end to end category management and all associated supply chain activities (commercial strategy, product development and category management, stock control, UK and overseas purchasing, demand planning and logistics)
Product is delivered into two main warehouses in the UK for distribution and timely and accurate deliveries allowing for seasonal changes are a crucial success factor for this role.
The organisation currently sits at £30m turnover with projections to achieve £50m over the next two years. This business has thrived during Covid and is up 40% YOY.
With over 3,000 active customers, 150 suppliers globally and 400 orders being processes daily, this is a fast-paced environment and requires a commercially minded individual to interrogate data and detail quickly to make sound commercial decisions.
In support of this growth, a new ERP implementation is underway; experience of Microsoft packages and ERP systems would be an advantage.
It is likely that you will need to spend 1/2 days in the office or on one of the sites to build relationships and truly understand the business, your stakeholders and your customers. The rest of the time can be spent remote working and managing and if you are based further away than the HQ, this will not be a problem.
As Procurement & Supply Chain Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop, lead and manage the end to end procurement activities of the business in a fast growing SME.
- Develop and implement innovative growth focused commercial strategy, focusing on new products within our existing core market.
- Develop and manage the complete procurement process, ensuring we have the right stock levels, good quality products and packaging, competitive prices and managed supplier relationships.
- Responsible for approximately £18,000,000 in procurement value.
- Join the SLT as a key stakeholder in the implementation of the new ERP system (Business Central).
- Develop and manage an efficient product development and procurement team including recruitment, training and appraisals. processes are adhered to, ensuring that the business is not unnecessarily exposed to risk
Skills and experience:
You will ideally be CIPS qualified and will be able to evidence working across procurement and supply chain roles for the last 5 years working with component type products (hardware, plumbing, air conditioning etc)
- Enthusiasm: Can demonstrate enthusiasm in their work, and in the product ranges. Can embrace the mission and vision. Understands the importance of a fun, and has a positive ‘cando’ attitude.
- Flexibility: Prepared to work in a changing environment and understands the need to offer flexibility at times of pressure
- Accurate: Excellent administration skills, quality driven and attentive to detail
- Articulate: Able to communicate clearly and in a professional manner in order to achieve results and support colleagues and clients.
- Self-Motivated: Self driven and able to work effectively without supervision at times but confident to ask for help when required
- Teamwork & Collaboration: A good team player who understands the need to work together and support other colleagues.
- Mission & Values: Demonstrates the Company’s values in behaviour. Works toward the company mission.
Benefits of the Procurement & Supply Chain Manager include:
- £70k base salary
- Car or travel allowance (if required)
- Generous Employee Share Scheme bonus as part of the SLT
How to apply:
To discuss the Procurement & Supply Chain Manager role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.