Procurement and Supply Chain Manager for a growing pharmaceutical company providing life-saving, life-supporting and life-prolonging products.
Procurement Heads is working exclusively with a growing pharmaceutical company providing life-saving, life-supporting and life-prolonging pharmaceutical products to the NHS and private health groups.
This is an excellent opportunity to have an immediate impact and work within a sector that truly makes a difference in people’s lives.
You will have an open remit to improve processes and deliver wholesale changes to make the procurement and supply chain function more effectively to deliver an outstanding service to customers.
As Procurement and Supply Chain Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop the organisation’s procurement strategy & policy
- Lead and mentor a team of 3 procurement specialists
- Conduct research to ascertain market trends and needs
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Develop market knowledge and contacts for new products and services
- Evaluate bids, making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Negotiate supplier agreements and monitor their progress and SLAs
- Process forecast gap analysis responses and mitigate risks to a continual supply
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Attend supplier meetings, distribution centres and trade conferences
Qualifications and experience:
- CIPS Advanced/Professional Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent is desirable
- Experience pharmaceuticals procurement
- Experience in managing a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 systems
- Experience in making commercial decisions
- Supplier relationship management
- Good communication skills, being a good negotiator
- Understanding of procurement needs in a manufacturing environment.
- Development of a procurement function to increase the added value
- Be able to absorb and assess information quickly
- Act as mentor and role model to the team
- £65,000 per annum
- 15% Bonus quarterly
- 8% Pension