Reporting to the Partner, this is a greenfield opportunity with a start-up feel bolstered by the backing of a global brand with an already strong international operations and supply chain presence.
This role would suit someone with the appetite to work in an initially small team of talented and ambitious consultants with strong practical industry experience delivering for blue chip clients (both domestically and internationally) as the firm looks to scale up its London offering.
Working closely with the Partner, you’ll grow and develop the capability within the UK and, therefore, need a strong track record in leading and delivering operational and supply chain improvement for clients in the UK and internationally.
To excel in this role, you’ll need experience delivering and managing assignments in operations, procurement and supply chain strategy and performance improvement within multiple sectors, including manufacturing and transportation.
Working twice weekly in the London office, from home and on client sites, you’ll be responsible for delivering client projects and supporting the Partners to originate key strategic and commercial projects, while also acting as a thought leader for the firm.
As Principal Consultant your key responsibilities will include:
- Being recognised as an accomplished expert in operations, supply chain and procurement (two at least)
- Being instrumental in the recruitment and development of the UK team and UK propositions
- Being a significant contributor to business development, taking lead responsibility for key areas of business activity or sectors and, for one or more key accounts, initiating sales campaigns when appropriate
- Demonstrating intellectual strength and flexibility to understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution
- Supporting the delivery of challenging market and commercial projects
- Bringing a strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering pragmatic solutions for clients
- Contributing impactful thought leadership for use in business development, engagement delivery, as well as marketing to build the firm’s profile
- Consistently contributing to the acquisition of new projects, particularly in the expansion of existing client relationships in key client teams
- Developing and producing high-quality output against project objectives and tight timelines and deadlines
Skills and experience:
- 12+ years experience and strong evidence of management and leadership projects in operations, supply chain and procurement strategy and delivery programmes (at least 2 of these) in relevant sectors
- At least 5 years of experience working in a consulting firm is essential
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master of Business Administration or Master-level
- Experience in managing project teams including several junior team members
- Maturity, experience and confidence to manage consulting teams
- Track record of delivering strategy assignments and presenting to C-Suite and senior partners
- Highly motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial, hardworking and creative
- Aptitude for client relationship building and motivation for selling and business development
- Committed to the highest professional standards of quality and integrity
- Excellent communication, facilitation and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player and easy to work with
Benefits of the Principal Consultant role include:
- Up to 30% bonus
- Private medical (family cover)
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- 8% non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday