Procurement Heads' Financial & Professional Services team is hiring Principal Consultants on behalf of a leading London-based procurement consultancy.
Forming part of an international management consulting company, this business specialises in procurement and self-funded transformation across a variety of sectors.
Helping to set up procurement functions, developing procurement operating models, supply chain resilience and P2P optimisation make up just a few of the services this business provides to its clients.
Having seen rapid growth since its inception less than a decade ago, there are no signs of slowing down with current client demand outstripping supply.
They will be adding multiple hires to their high-performing team this year and through 2023.
As a Principal Consultant, you may be leading a small team or working independently to deliver procurement and transformation projects for clients in a variety of sectors, with particular demand in financial services.
Recognising success is key for this company, with promotion opportunities reviewed on a quarterly basis there is no limit to your progression in the business.
Operating a hybrid working model, with 2-3 days a week spent in their London office or with clients and the rest spent working from home.
Key skills and experience for the Principal Consultant role:
- Over 8 years of experience in procurement or supply chain management (consulting or non-consulting). This must include category management and/or strategic sourcing
- Able to manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- Excellent commercial acumen
- A good understanding of contract law
- Excellent MS Office skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to identify opportunities and present ideas quickly
- Good team working skills and professionalism
- Proven senior client/stakeholder engagement capabilities and issue resolution
- Problem-solving skills and a solution focussed mentality
- Indirect spend management experience
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Key sector or category expertise (subject to specific role needs)
- Consulting experience
- Preferred: Management experience (people or project)
Key responsibilities of the Principal Consultant role:
- Designing and delivering procurement and supplier management transformation
- Reviewing and developing collateral for clients
- Client-facing engagements/presentations with the ability to engage directly/independently
- Client stakeholder interviews and engagement to develop information/data pools, and insights
- Research and insight gathering for clients, projects, and bids
- Liaising with consultants and analysts to convert analysis into insights, opportunities, and solutions for clients
- PMO and project governance
- Working closely with Senior Managers on client delivery, resourcing, commercial modelling, bids, and consultant/analyst development plans
- Standing in for Senior Managers on team projects (internal or externally facing)
- Leading on activities where expertise is niche or specific to the appointment, and potentially directing consultants/analysts in such areas e.g. sector/category insights.
- Delivering internal knowledge-sharing events (on key expertise areas)
- Supporting sales, marketing and bid development
Benefits of the Principal Consultant role:
- £70-80,000 salary
- Annual bonus (up to 25%)
- 27 days holiday + 2 charity days
- Private healthcare
- Equity for all (ESPP)
- Quarterly promotion opportunities