Procurement Heads is delighted to be working with an industry-leading defence organisation which is looking to recruit a Principal Buyer.
A leading defence organisation is looking to recruit a Principal Buyer to operate within its repair function.
This global organisation specialises in large engineering projects within the defence industry.
As a Principal Buyer, you will be responsible for:
- Apply best practices during the sourcing of goods and services where the value, risk or contract warrants special definition or conditions
- Responsible for all phases of sub-contracting from initiation of the business case for make/buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans and negotiation strategy
- Effectively managing supplier relationships to optimise our supply chain to achieve operational excellence against programme and customer requirements
- Work cross-functionally to manage customer modifications, and maintenance schedules as well as supporting and contributing to the production and operational reviews
- Having a good understanding of ERP and any other relevant planning systems with a developing appreciation of the interfaces with both procurement, project management and logistics and increased participation in cross-functional teams
Salary and benefits:
- Up to £45,000 base salary
- Hybrid working (2/3)
- Flexible Hours
- Share scheme
- Pension contribution