An evolving private healthcare organisation renowned for its specialist approach is seeking a Pharmacy Buyer to join its team as it undergoes a multi-million-pound transformation to implement cutting-edge technology across its facilities.
Reporting to the Clinical Category Manager, the Pharmacy Buyer will lead and manage the strategic sourcing and contract management of a portfolio of Pharmacy products and services, and an annual spend in excess of £45m.
In addition, you will deliver significant cost savings against agreed targets, manage relationships with key suppliers and drive incremental benefits and services through SRM.
As Pharmacy Buyer your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and timely project management and delivery of strategic sourcing strategies for designated areas of spend
- Working collaboratively with the Business to drive appropriate stakeholder engagement and ensuring good information flow on Sourcing activities and contract implementation
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Authorising and controlling of new products and supplier requests.
- Working proactively and reactively to mitigate risk arising from non-availability of drugs.
- Identifying and leading cross-functional opportunities both internally and externally.
- Establishing and maintaining supplier relationships and employing SRM good practice for key suppliers
- Managing internal and external benchmarking on responsible portfolio area
- Quickly developing specific product and service knowledge of key spend areas
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ Pharmacy buying experience
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals and the pharmaceutical supply chain
- Strong commercial acumen ideally with competence and technical capability in all aspects of professional strategic procurement
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks within a fast paced, results driven environment
- Working knowledge of specifying and contracting complex service level agreements.
- Demonstrable track record in achieving savings and security of supply
- Excellent relationship-building and influencing skills with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work in multi-site complex environment.
- Good IT literacy including MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy and interpretation of financial data
- Ability to perform total cost of ownership analysis
- Prepared to travel within the UK as necessary.
- Ability to effectively manage, coach and develop one or more team members.
To discuss the Head of Procurement role in more depth, please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.