This globally renowned brand with an award-winning strategic procurement team is looking to recruit a Pan-European Category Manager for Marketing.
Based in Surrey the Pan-European Category Manager position is a newly created role and will form part of a team of 5 focused on the Marketing category.
You will partner with senior stakeholders, take on bigger budgets, strengthen your Marketing Category expertise and extend your corporate Procurement prowess to the next level. The mission of Corporate Procurement is to maximise the value and minimise the risk of spend with third party suppliers. They strive harder than most to deliver with their Procurement philosophy being strategic, commercial, fact-based and driven relentlessly to continuously improve. They’re a highly ambitious team and genuine centre of excellence, growing rapidly and fast becoming global in the horizon.
We want your vision, influence, business sense and strategic expertise steering the Marketing Procurement category onto the global stage. In this highly visible role, you’ll take full ownership of sourcing strategies that directly support top management decisions and deliver on the bottom line.
As Pan-European Category Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, plan and implement strategic pan-European Procurement activities
- Become a recognised subject matter expert for the Marketing category; developing, delivering and implementing the sourcing strategy with a flawless grasp of cost structures, trends and cost drivers
- Initiate and maintain successful working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business at all levels
- Drive change; challenge existing sourcing decisions; coordinate supplier development strategies; always prove potential for improvement
- Build strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Be responsible for the management and delivery of end to end activities
- Effectively identify and manage risk throughout the end to end supply chain
- Negotiate the best overall commercial arrangements with suppliers selected through fact-based methods, contribute significantly to the overall performance, savings and profitability
- Ensure and support the business to achieving compliance with Procurement policies and managing the risk profile of suppliers
The ideal person will be:
- Highly driven and naturally inquisitive
- An excellent stakeholder and supplier manager equally focused on value for money, service quality and positive strategic outcomes.
- Highly numerate and logical – able to make and articulate data-driven decisions
- Ideally with Procurement Category management experience
- Ideally with prior category experience in Marketing.
- Able and willing to work internationally
- The ability to think creatively and see the bigger picture.
- A keen instigator and manager of innovation and change
- Proven negotiation skills with strong commercial acumen
- Ideally MCIPS qualified (or working towards)
The package available for the Pan-European Category Manager role includes:
- Car allowance £6,372 per annum
- 10% on target bonus, 20% max (only 5% tied to business performance)
- 25 days holiday (can buy more)
- Pension, the employee can contribute up to 6% and the company will put in 12%, then 7/13% and finally 8/14%
- 10 x Life Assurance
- Private medical (employee only)
- Happy with home working and when it’s safe to do so will advocate two-days per week.
To apply for the Pan-European Category Manager role:
To discuss the Pan-European Category Manager role in more depth please contact Rupert at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 07867 453328 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.