A renowned global Food & Beverage company is recruiting a Senior Buyer, Packaging to join its growing team.
LOCATION: Remote – once a week in Norfolk
SALARY: £50,000 – £55,000
Key categories include: Packaging materials used within production facilities.
Procurement Heads is partnered with a leading international food business that has been operating for over 150 years.
Embarking on a bold transformation the company is investing in procurement with a number of new hires across their Indirect and Direct categories.
As Senior Buyer, reporting to the Category Lead, you will lead your respective subcategory and have autonomy over end-to-end projects, while influencing category strategies.
Although this is a well-established business, you will be joining a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment.
The company wants an individual that can take accountability for their space and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo, driving the business forward.
Someone with experience in packaging and an understanding of the regulations is fundamental to the success of this role.
As Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for:
- Facilitate projects to achieve projects and provide a competitive advantage for the business.
- Negotiation of commercial terms and contractual arrangements beneficial to the business that mitigate risks within the supply chain.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyse the market forces and trends that influence the organisation and its suppliers.
- Use market data to estimate and negotiate prices for purchased categories.
- Consider external risks within supply chains and propose mitigation solutions.
- Support the Category Manager in evaluating category expenditure and the creation of category plans.
- Use Supplier Relationship Management to ensure the supplier and the business have aligned objectives.
- Work with internal stakeholders to bring new suppliers on board, taking account of the differing requirements from around the business.
- Facilitate change within the supply chain category, ensuring that stakeholders are engaged.
- Encourage innovation in the supply chain and report on developments.
- Salary of £50-55,000
- Private medical