Working alongside an international private healthcare organisation, we are recruiting for a National Supply Chain Lead to join their ever-developing team of procurement specialists.
This organisation takes pride not only in how it delivers to its customers, but how it takes care of its employees as well. They are caring, progressive, and believe everyone who works for them must have a passion for what they do.
The purpose of this role is to lead the ongoing development of the material management function within hospitals, acting as a business process owner for all material managements policies, processes and systems, and training. You will also be supporting hospital-based materials management staff to improve the effectiveness and efficacy of the supplies function.
The ideal person for this role will have had experience working in hospitals before, but it is not essential.
As National Supply Chain Lead your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and implementing materials management policies and operational processes to ensure the safe, efficient, compliant use of all materials in hospitals and improve the quality and overall effectiveness of the materials management function.
- Providing training, coaching and support to materials management staff, ensuring all staff are able to deliver and effective materials management service that is fully compliant with materials management policies and processes
- Developing and implement methods to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the materials management function.
- Implementing effective inventory management practices across all hospital inventory, that minimise sock levels while ensuring an excellent service and the continued, safe operation of the business.
- Developing systems and processes to ensure visibility of stock levels (both owned and consignment)
- Minimising stock wastage and obsolescence.
- Acting as the link between the Group Procurement function and materials management, ensuring alignment on policy, processes and solutions.
- improving overall supply chain performance and look for innovations to systems and processes
- Represent the supplies management function in business projects and initiatives.
- Act as a Business Partner, representing the UK procurement and supply chain function to other UK functions and sites. Have a visible presence in the business.
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience in inventory/materials management and/or related financial or operational roles at a senior level.
- Excellent understanding of inventory/materials management principles and their practical application.
- Familiarity with ERP and Inventory Management systems and financial budgeting processes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels from board to ward
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload
- Proven ability to work effectively in both a team environment and autonomously
- Attention to detail, with the ability to produce clear, professional reports
Benefits of the National Supply Chain Lead role include:
The salary for this role is up to £50,000 with 25 days holiday, life assurance and private medical. This role also has the advantage of flexible working, only requiring you to be in the office one or two days a week.
How to apply:
To discuss the National Supply Chain Lead role in more depth please contact Grace Turner at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7747 272 285| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.