This is a huge organisation that spends an incomparable amount and they have just embarked on a bold transformation programme making it a really exciting time to be joining.
As Marketing Category Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing a marketing category plan to continuously improve marketing effectiveness across the organisation.
You will be at the forefront of procurement strictly looking into strategy and complex high-value projects.
This is a high-performing yet supportive team and you will work hand in hand with the Senior Category Manager.
There is also ample opportunity within the UK&I function and the wider global function for progression for those hungry to excel in their career.
As Category Manager you will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement the marketing category plan, in alignment with the UK and global stakeholders, that delivers operational requirements, meets budget and savings challenges and mitigates external and internal risks
- Continually monitor and analyse the relevant supply market to understand best industry practices and ensure that the company is best positioned to maximise its business opportunities and minimise risk
- Lead the development of specific contract and supplier plans and lead the implantation of the companies sourcing and supplier management process
- Identify, prioritise and maintain a pipeline of cost-saving opportunities within that category
- Work regularly with stakeholders at all levels to ensure commercial opportunities are maximised and risk managed within a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Run complex and high-value sourcing activities
The company is looking for a high-performing marketing procurement professional.
Although the company is eager for someone to hit the ground running they will accept someone who still requires some development.
Most importantly they need someone who:
- Has strong commercial acumen and can challenge and push back on current methodologies and ways of thinking
- Can think outside of the box and bring innovative and fresh ideas
- Is inquisitive and can ask the right questions
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders