A FTSE 100 global entertainment company is looking for a Marketing Category Manager to join its growing procurement function.
Procurement Heads’ Consumer team is delighted to be partnered with this market-leading international company.
The group has gone through a rapid transformation and expansion programme through several mergers and acquisitions.
This is a company that spends £3.6 billion per annum with 30% of that allocated to marketing.
Although this is a well-established company, procurement is still in its infancy and the team is continually growing and developing.
Reporting to the Group Procurement Manager, you will lead the marketing Category for UK&I.
As Category Manager, it will be your job to build on these relationships, drive category plans and strategy and roll out some procurement governance.
This role can be as big as you make it, and you will be involved in a whole host of exciting projects across digital, media, creative and advertising.
- Working at pace, take responsibility for the prioritisation and delivery of commercial and contractual negotiations against agreed targets within the Marketing area
- Take ownership of the full procurement lifecycle, including supplier relationship management, ensuring that risk flows down the supply chain
- Drive cost reduction efforts through process improvements, contractual efficiencies and elimination of inefficient spending
- Establish, build, and leverage relationships with existing and potential suppliers/partners to ensure the company is at the forefront of innovative developments within the Marketing category
- Working with new and potential suppliers/partners to safeguard capacity, quality, cost, minimise risk and assure continuity of supply in the long term
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders, managing the end-to-end delivery of supplier contracts in accordance with agreed roadmaps to meet the business needs
- Responsible for highlighting contractual risk and supply resilience issues to Executive level stakeholders for consideration and change
- Continually challenge operational requirements and supplier spend, identifying and critiquing costs throughout the supply base
- Build strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders and act as a functional bridge between external vendors and internal stakeholders
Benefits of the role include:
- Up to £70,000
- 20% bonus
- Unlimited holidays
- 5% pension matched
This role requires someone with a strong marketing procurement pedigree that possesses excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships internally and externally.
The company is also looking for someone with a good commercial acumen that can think of innovative and creative ways to mitigate risks, cut costs and continuously improve.