Procurement Heads' Financial & Professional Services team is recruiting a Managing Consultant for an international management consultancy firm.
An international management consultancy firm globally recognised as a long-time thought leader in linking strategy, innovation and transformation in technology-intensive and converging industries is recruiting a Managing Consultant to help build its UK offering.
This role would suit someone with the appetite to work in an initially small team of talented and ambitious consultants with strong practical industry experience delivering for blue chip clients (both domestically and internationally) as the firm looks to scale up its London offering.
This delivery-focused role will see you supporting the development of the UK client base and necessitates an experienced Manager with a strong track record in delivering operational and supply chain improvement with both UK and global clients.
To excel in this role, you’ll need a background in delivering and managing assignments in operations, procurement and supply chain strategy and performance improvement within multiple sectors, including industrial, manufacturing and transportation.
Working twice weekly in the London office, from home and on client sites, you’ll be focussed on project delivery, supporting clients and internal projects for the firm’s teams.
As Managing Consultant your key responsibilities will be:
- Demonstrating intellectual strength and flexibility to understand complex problems and rationalise these into workable solutions
- Providing rigorous analysis from relevant and accurate datasets to drive fact-based decision making
- Supporting the delivery of challenging market and commercial projects
- Working within a team environment, committed to achieving solutions with the ability to work under pressure
- Experience in managing junior staff
- Bringing a strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering pragmatic solutions for clients
- Contributing to impactful thought leadership for use in business development, engagement delivery, as well as marketing to build the firm’s profile
- Demonstrating strong presentation and facilitation skills with an ability to succinctly and creatively present robust and evidence-based messages
- Developing and producing high-quality output against project objectives and meeting tight deadlines
Skills and experience:
- 7+ years experience and management of projects in a consulting environment
- At least 2.1 Honours Degree and preferably a higher degree
- Maturity, experience and confidence to manage consulting teams
- Track record of delivering strategy assignments and presenting to C-Suite and senior partners
- Highly motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial, hardworking and creative
- Aptitude for client relationship building and motivation for selling and business development
- Committed to the highest professional standards of quality and integrity
- Excellent communication, facilitation and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player and easy to work with
Benefits of the Managing Consultant role include:
- Up to 20% bonus
- Private medical (family cover)
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- 8% non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday