A growing technology SME with an exciting transformation agenda is expanding its Procurement team by appointing an IT Category Manager to develop a greenfield function.
With a flat hierarchy and open management structure, you will be very close to the C-suite and encouraged to influence and shape the business as it continues to grow.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will take on a broad category management role across software, hardware, professional services, network and telecoms, and corporate services, developing and implementing category strategies as the business delivers value to its clients.
As IT Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Sourcing IT-related products and services, and responding to customer request for quotes within given SLAs
- Negotiating price, payment terms and delivery timescales to achieve targets and increase savings for customers
- Evaluating supplier price, quality and delivery performance
- Onboarding new suppliers and maintain up-to-date supplier records
- Building, maintaining and managing supplier relationships through effective communications
- Preparing and implementing appropriate forms of contract and commitment with suppliers.
- Understanding customer needs and taking prompt action on their requests
- Staying current and up to date on market changes that may affect supply and demand of products and advising others of any changes
- Attending meetings and updating other colleagues on issues or concerns to share best practice and define processes
- Developing ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
Skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ category management experience in IT categories with a proven track record of successful procurement.
- Relevant professional qualification and/or professional body membership ideally CIPS
- Management experience as well as being able to operate as an individual contributor
- An innovator and strategic thinker with the ability to influence and change thinking
- Global category sourcing and a strong negotiator with experience of commercial contracts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of developing, motivating and leading a team with a strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues, suppliers and customers
Benefits of the IT Category Manager role include:
- 11% bonus
- Private Medical
How to apply:
To discuss the IT Category Manager role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.