A leading Manufacturing company based in central Hampshire is looking for an experienced Category Manager to manage its Logistics and FM spend.
A leading multinational manufacturing organisation with UK Headquarters in Hampshire and five Business Units nationwide is seeking to appoint a Category Manager to manage the logistics partner contract and seek opportunities to reduce spend.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for a spend of £50m within primarily the Logistics category, but also will have some additional responsibilities within other categories including FM.
You will work within a team of three and will be expected to develop strong internal and external partner relationships to ensure the long-term success of this post.
As Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Supplier sourcing for long-term sustainable competitive advantage
- Primary focus on the Logistics, Facilities Management and Property Categories of spend
- Provide strategic direction and operational support to stakeholders and partners
- Responsible for sub-category strategies.
- Embrace technology
- Responsible for the communication of sourcing plans
- Provide in-depth supply market knowledge across the assigned sub-categories and translate into strategic actions
- Ownership of category supplier base and associated SRM & TCO initiatives
Skills and experience:
- MCIPS qualified or working towards is desirable
- Good practical knowledge of Procurement
- Good communication skills, able to clearly articulate the value of procurement.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
Benefits of the Head of Procurement role include:
- Up to £50k base salary
- £4,000 car allowance
- 27 days holiday
- High-street discounts