A well-known SME shipping company highly praised by employees is working on several exciting projects and is looking for a junior contracts manager to join the business. Initially a 12 FTC with a view to becoming a permanent opportunity, you will be managing the contracts across all categories, within a popular, fast-paced industry.
This role is attractive because you will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you wish so if you have a willingness to learn then this company is willing to teach.
As Junior Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing purchasing agreements as directed to make recommendations for appropriate courses of action to improve performance and cost-effectiveness
- Working with stakeholders across all areas of the company to generate specifications for work packages and to tender requirements as appropriate
- Analysing existing areas of uncontracted spend and recommending appropriate courses of action and implement where appropriate.
- Reviewing purchasing categories as directed to aggregate departmental requirements, rationalising suppliers and recommending areas for implementation or renegotiation of contracts
- Effectively managing the addition of new suppliers in accordance with the company’s requirements and to minimise risk
- Supporting business units and project teams in effective sourcing activities through early purchasing involvement as directed.
- Ad-hoc procurement project throughout the business as directed
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Good Judgement and decision making
- Customer-focused with effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical with good data skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with drive and creativity
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Office
In applications we will be looking for:
- Some exposure to contract management and/or some exposure to purchasing processes
- A technical understanding of Procurement
- Graduates with a degree in Procurement or Supply Chain are welcome to apply
- Supplier Relationship Management experience is desirable
- A passion for Procurement, an enthusiastic and driven attitude with a willingness to learn.
Benefits of the Junior Contracts Manager role include:
- A dynamic working environment with no shortage of opportunity
- Extensive exposure and experience in contract management and supplier management
- An insight into all relevant procurement categories, e.g. Fleet, People, Maintenance, Food and Beverage
- Free car parking
- Free foot passage for commuting purposes if based on IOW
To discuss the Junior Contracts Manager role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7393 140 509 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.