As Junior Category Manager based out of the Ringwood office you will join the growing procurement team as they strengthen their procurement functions by spreading workloads. This organisation in the housing/construction sector and they have maintained a 5-star rating for 14 years in a row of which no other company in this industry has accomplished. This is something that the company is very proud of and this pride flows down to how they support their employees.
Progression is a large part of the company’s ethos with some Category Managers having reached senior roles in the team. With the workloads at present and the company’s ambitions in place for the next 5 years, this role is unique as your main responsibility will be supporting the Category Managers. This means that as well as playing a big part in the team, directly addressing the negative cost management activities via tenders, cost reduction and cost avoidance related negotiations, contract reviews and market analysis you will also assist the Category Managers; getting great exposure to more senior roles in this company. This is a company that works across diverse and varied markets depending on which of the 50 builds you are working with at one time.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements, mapping these to the Procurement objectives and targets
- Develop sourcing strategies appropriate to their product and services and deliver maximum commercial through the selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product and/or service
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services in their control, including loading information onto appropriate systems
- Develop and maintain knowledge of their products/services in which they operate including market dynamics and product life cycles
- Supporting Category Managers on relevant projects where appropriate
- Supporting the Business as usual (BAU) activities of the team.
- They are a thriving business, so this role will be very busy. This company can be working on 50 builds at one time so as you can imagine there’s always something to be doing!
This is a fabulous opportunity because it gives you the opportunity to impress and implant your own strategies that could take off!
For those looking for their next challenge, are perhaps a buyer or experienced junior buyer, this is a great opportunity for you. For more information please call Chizoba on 01962 869 838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org