This FTSE 250 company is looking for driven, keen-to-learn individual to join its team in Hampshire.
Supported heavily by focussed and friendly Category Managers, not only will the Junior Category Manager be supporting the Category Managers in the procurement of niche to well-known items, you will be encouraged and supported in your progression into sole Category Management.
Daily responsibilities can include running tenders, negotiating with suppliers, supplier selections, supplier visits and researching the market in order to choose the best price for crucial items. If you are a junior buyer or a buyer who is starting out in their procurement career and would like somewhere to progress, then this could be for you.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements, mapping these to the Procurement objectives and targets,
- Develop sourcing strategies appropriate to their product and services and deliver maximum commerciality through the selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product and/or service,
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services in their control, including loading information onto appropriate systems
- Develop and maintain knowledge of their products/services in which they operate including market dynamics and product life cycles,
- Supporting Category Managers
- Supporting the Business as usual (BAU) activities of the team.
Skills and experience required are:
- Purchasing experience
- Junior Buyer responsibilities
- Buyer responsibilities
- Finished goods, raw materials product knowledge
- Supplier relationship management
- Experience in the construction industry is a bonus
In applications, we will be looking for:
- A track record of progression
- Or a track record in a variety of sectors
Benefits of the Junior Category Manager role include:
- Annual bonus
- Private medical
- Holiday allowance
How to apply:
To discuss the Junior Category Manager role in more depth please contact Chizoba Uzuegbunam at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call 07393 140 509| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.