A global technology company is recruiting a brand-new Buyer to join it's growing function.
This is a highly acquisitive business that has just merged with another major technology company, making them one of the largest in this space!
Procurement will play a pivotal role as the company embark on a bold transformation and expansion programme.
This Buyer position will be the first of many as they look to bolster their indirect procurement team.
As Buyer, reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will work across the company’s £230m indirect spends, supporting on end to end projects.
You will be given autonomy to manage your own portfolio and will assist with the development and implementation of a group-wide purchasing and sourcing strategy.
This role requires someone that understands end-to-end procurement processes, in a fast-paced business with multiple projects running at any one given time, and is comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders across the organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their procurement knowledge and progress their career in a function that is continually growing.
As Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing supplier relationships across various indirect spends
- Build a knowledge base for defined strategic material groups and become the internal procurement expert for them
- Develop procurement best practices and ensure their implementation across the business
- Track and report key financial information such as spend and material costs
- Provide and oversee the provision of a comprehensive range of procurement advice to managers and staff
- Conduct regular reviews of supplier performance in terms of quality, price and service;
- Investigate trends within Procurement to utilise new solutions and initiatives to ensure efficiency
- Manage tenders and supplier contractual negotiations
- Seek new supply sources which add value to product, service and price propositions
- Assist in the launch of new products/services by identifying reliable sources
- Salary of £40-45,000
- Private Medical