If you are a Procurement Professional with strong category management experience within IT Software and Technology and are considering your first mentoring role, with a chance to own the category strategy for this area, then this role could be for you.
This fast paced globally recognised Technology brand, that is operating at the forefront of their industry, is looking for a brand-new IT & Technology Procurement Manager to spearhead this category area. This role has been created due to an internal promotion and will be a dual role of category delivery and coaching & mentoring a team of up to 10 people. This role will report to the Head of Procurement and will sit on the leadership team, being a key player in raising the profile of the Procurement Function across the wider business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for defining and implementing category strategy and sourcing plans to be executed across the IT and Technology area.
- Coaching and mentoring (not line management responsibilities) of up to 10 capable Procurement Professionals
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Working in a truly dynamic and impressive London office with the opportunity for flexible working
- Ensuring that functional best practice is maintained within IT and Technology and your team collectively
- Being the category owner for IT and Technology Procurement and ensure proactive regular reviews of business wide strategies are happening as part of the wider Procurement Exec Team
- Have a broad range of IT Category knowledge, particularly in Software, Hardware and Telecoms
- Good understanding of vendors, suppliers and commercial models for the Software Space
- Ability to network and influence senior stakeholders in the business
- Can demonstrate holding a Senior Procurement leadership role and management of a team
- Experience of change management, both leading this and being part of a wider team
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
If you are a Procurement Professional with strong category management experience within IT Software and Technology and are considering your first mentoring role, with a chance to own the category strategy for this area, then this role could be for you. This business holds an amazing reputation as a brand and a proud tradition of retaining and developing its people as the Procurement function continues to evolve and grow. Please get in touch with an updated CV and we can discuss this wonderful opportunity further.