Based in Southern Hampshire, this prestigious engineering solutions company is seeking an IT Category Manager to support some of the most prestigious and important services in our country. Sitting in a team of 5, leading the IT Software Category, this role is at the heart of the business offering a breadth of opportunity across the business and supporting a whole host of clients.
Managing the software spend and getting involved in devising and executing strategies, this company are offering a wealth of support, should you have an interest in IT and are looking for that next step into category management. A hands-on and dynamic role, you’ll possess an exposure to IT software, for example Oracle or Microsoft enabling you to support all IT services across the business.
- Creation of new sourcing strategies and recommend suggestions for improvement.
- Execute sourcing strategies by working with key stakeholders to develop supplier evaluation as part of agreed procurement strategy.
- Lead the negotiation with suppliers, working closely with technical, commercial and legal support.
- Manage the contracting process including due diligence of supplier capabilities, market and financial position is undertaken.
- To procure best value goods and services on behalf stakeholders
- To negotiate improved terms and conditions where possible to enhance the purchasing benefits with suppliers
- Within a subcategory ensure that for all key spend areas a supplier management process is implemented including getting executive sponsor, developing standard review agenda, reviewing supplier performance, developing continuous improvement plans and looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Implement and support enforcement of buying and contracting processes within that subcategory.
- Manage the financial/legal approval process for spend within that subcategory
- Perform ongoing operational reviews of contract performance for categories
After a very interesting CIPS event last night, I am delighted to be offering someone this opportunity so please get in touch on 01962 869 838 & send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.