One of the Thames Valley’s most recognisable FTSE 250 businesses is looking for an IT Purchasing Manager to join the Procurement team.
The FTSE 250 IT Purchasing Manager will take full category responsibility for managing and developing all of the Retail IT spend across the UK. You will need to build strong working relationships with senior stakeholders, creating a platform to influence and drive real change with visible results. Getting the senior stakeholders buy-in is key to implementing true end to end category management and a vital part of the procurement strategy.
You will be joining at a time when raising the profile of Procurement is a key focus; which will in turn result in your personal profile gaining valuable exposure to the wider business.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders to identify procurement opportunities that meet the business needs
- Supporting the end users in developing specifications for the products and services associated with the Retail business
- Lead negotiations and drive selection process
- Produce a strategy for the procurement of all Retail IT related spend including the alignment of existing suppliers with your key stakeholders
- A broad range of IT Category knowledge
- Good understanding of vendors, suppliers and commercial models across IT Services
- The ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business and perhaps have people managed either virtually or directly
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential