A privately owned Utilities organisation operating across the South Coast with a Procurement function formed two years ago is looking to strengthen the team further with an IT Procurement Manager.
Having placed the Head of IT Procurement in September, he is already in a position to recruit due to the projects and spotlight placed on the technology function. This is an organisation that has an aggressive net carbon zero target and that wants to be known as the leading employer in the UK.
This organisation undertook a major acquisition at the start of 2020 and is in the process of completing that migration.
Examples of key projects include:
- This is a Cloud first based organisation that has acquired an organisation that isn’t and therefore there is a huge migration project to undertake.
- A new ERP system implementation is underway, and you will be the Procurement interface on this project advising what procurement’s needs are for its functionality.
- Legacy software service agreements with some of the big players that need phasing out over time
- Be the Procurement lead for the Tech arm of the business. This part of the business has never engaged Procurement previously and you will need to be a confident salesperson to demonstrate the value that Procurement can bring.
Spend profile is £100m and you will need to be a good generalist. Ideal experience would be in cloud-based software but if not, general software experience will suffice. This is a role that requires you to interface with C Suite and Senior Directors with the CFO and CIO being two of the main stakeholders. You must therefore be able to demonstrate experience with dealing with senior stakeholders and showcase the gravitas and aptitude to deputise for the Head of IT Procurement in his absence.
If you are used to working in a large organisation, with set processes and little room for agility, this role is not for you! If you are working in a large organisation but can evidence experience of how you might have dealt with some of the above, please do get it touch. No two days are the same with demands coming thick and fast from all corners of the business. Whilst it is a hands on role, you have the ability to shape the strategy and the future procurement function and is a fantastic time to join in that respect.
There is an embedded flexible working policy and whilst there are two main offices on the South Coast, you can work from anywhere and manage your diary effectively. You must be able to commute to the offices when required but on an ad hoc basis.
As IT Procurement Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with stakeholders to co-define requirements to support engagements with IT suppliers, and in a manner which enables suppliers to provide optimum return on investment and innovation.
- Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager with the execution of the combined Technology category strategy.
- Assisting with the integration of IT suppliers following the recent acquisition.
- Driving commercial benefits by open competition, but also by fostering collaboration with suppliers.
- Ensuring relevant budgets are in place and all stakeholders are aligned with the procurement policy and process.
- Continuously striving for improvements in cost, value and innovation.
- Continuous improvement of Procurement tools (P2P, RFP, Contract database), whilst managing change with stakeholders.
- Supporting the implementation of new procurement systems.
You will be used to working in a fast-paced environment with an ability to sell Procurement to the wider business who haven’t ordinarily engaged its services previously.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate should have a background which reflects the following elements:
- An MCIPS qualification (or working towards this) with vast experience in a similar role.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Comprehensive experience across IT and Digital procurement categories.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment and proposing, justifying, initiating, and implementing change.
- Strong presentation, relationship building, negotiation, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills with senior stakeholders.
- The ability to apply skills beyond the traditional functions of Procurement and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues.
- Knowledge of Procurement systems (i.e Source to Contract and P2P).
- Experience being a self-starter. team-oriented and with a collaborative, pragmatic approach.
- A self-starter, you’ll be team-oriented and with a collaborative, pragmatic approach.
- Exposure to energy and technology businesses (desirable but not essential)
Benefits of the IT Procurement Manager includes:
- 60k base salary
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
How to apply:
To discuss the IT Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.