A leading UK financial services firm specialising in wealth management, asset management, life assurance and general insurance is looking for a highly skilled IT Software specialist procurement professional to join the team as a Category Manager.
You will be reporting into the Sourcing Manager who overlooks the category strategy, but you will have autonomy of c.£20 million spend and will develop and implement the category strategy in line with finance regulations.
The IT Software category will include but not be limited to: IT Software and related Services, Software purchasing and Licencing Models, Security and Cyber software and Digital Marketing
Your main responsibility will involve leading the selection and management of supplier partners, working collaboratively with stakeholders from across the different business units to ensure best value for money for the business.
Your Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Leading tender processes (RFIs, RFPs, RFQs) to ensure the selection of the most appropriate supplier partners
- Deliver synergies and cost savings through collaborating with stakeholders across the business
- Spend management, including regular tracking on Category activity
- Negotiation of contractual terms and commercials with suppliers
- Delivery of the in-year and annualised savings targets – ensuring clear and auditable benefits tracking and sign off with finance
- Influencing and establishing company-wide procurement practices to achieve the objective of a ‘stronger together’ business
- To develop and manage relationships with suppliers, including contract and performance management.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years Procurement or related Commercial experience
- Confidence in interaction with both IT Architectural and design teams and Senior stakeholders
- Analytical with the capability to drive insight through analysis of key management information, such as cross-business spend
- Self-assured with the confidence to challenge senior stakeholders where required
- People person who can work with stakeholders across the business, at different levels of seniority
- Confident and able to suggest innovative and creative solutions to problems
- Resilient with the strength of character to overcome challenges and deliver the best commercial solution
- Self-starter with the ability to identify and deliver opportunities
- Professional and able to represent the CCS team in a wholly professional and ethical manner
This is an exciting opportunity to build your career with a leading FTSE 100 organisation that has recently gone through a substantial restructure.