A privately owned organisation operating across the South Coast with a Procurement function formed two years ago is looking to strengthen the team further with a Senior IT Procurement Manager to specifically act as a business partner to the tech arm of the organisation.
Tech is at the heart of everything they do and as such, has recruited a Senior Procurement Manager and a Procurement Manager is the last year. This will be the third role of its kind. This is an organisation that has an aggressive net carbon zero target and that wants to be known as the leading employer in the UK.
This organisation undertook a major acquisition at the start of 2020 and is in the process of completing that migration. Reporting to the Head of Procurement and with a dotted line into the CFO of the tech arm, you will co-define requirements for future supplier ecosystems clearly, and in a manner which enables suppliers to provide optimum return on investment and innovation.
Examples of key projects include:
- Act as a business partner to the tech team: software engineers need help negotiating SAAS contracts and require a procurement business partner to support them in this plus all related bid activity and go to market strategies
- Build and manage a supplier ecosystem end to end which includes, contracts, risk, commercial management, SRM and strategic sourcing
- Work alongside the CEO, CTO and CFO to drive innovation into the supply chain
SAAS and Software experience is essential as you will work with the likes of Salesforce, Slack, IBM and AWS as well as smaller, more niche suppliers. This is a role that requires you to heavily interface with C-Suite and Senior Directors. You must therefore be able to evidence experience of dealing with senior stakeholders and showcase the gravitas and aptitude to not only succeed in this role but lead and grow a team in the future.
If you are used to working in a large organisation, with set processes and little room for agility, this role is not for you! If you are working in a large organisation but can evidence experience of how you might have dealt with some of the above, please do get in touch. No two days are the same with demands coming thick and fast from all corners of the business. Whilst it is a hands-on role, you have the ability to shape the strategy and the future procurement function and is a fantastic time to join in that respect.
You must be comfortable with ambiguity, pace, change and an all-encompassing hands-on role.
There is an embedded flexible working policy and whilst there are two main offices on the South Coast, you can work from anywhere and manage your diary effectively. You must be able to commute to the offices when required but on an ad hoc basis.
As Senior IT Procurement Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with stakeholders to co-define requirements to support engagements with IT suppliers, and in a manner which enables suppliers to provide optimum return on investment and innovation.
- Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager with the execution of the combined Technology category strategy.
- Assisting with the integration of IT suppliers following the recent acquisition.
- Driving commercial benefits by open competition, but also by fostering collaboration with suppliers.
- Ensuring relevant budgets are in place and all stakeholders are aligned with the procurement policy and process.
- Continuously striving for improvements in cost, value and innovation.
- Continuous improvement of Procurement tools (P2P, RFP, Contract database), whilst managing change with stakeholders.
- Supporting the implementation of new procurement systems.
You will be used to working in a fast-paced environment with an ability to sell Procurement to the wider business who haven’t ordinarily engaged its services previously.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will be MCIPS qualified (or working towards) with circa 5yrs experience in a similar role and have a background which reflects the following elements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of SaaS platforms, suppliers and commercial knowledge
- Experience and gravitas to deal with senior stakeholders but also the drive to deliver operational and tactical opportunities
- A strong negotiator
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change
- Strong presentation, relationship building, negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills with senior stakeholders
- Experience of supporting bid teams in responding to commercial opportunities
- Experience across other procurement categories (i.e payment providers)
- Able to apply skills beyond the traditional functions of Procurement and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues
- Knowledge of Procurement systems (i.e Source to Contract and P2P)
Benefits of the IT Procurement Manager include:
- £65-70k base salary
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours and location
How to apply:
To discuss the Senior IT Procurement Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.