An insurance business embarking on a journey of transformation, working to stand out from the market with a modern and unique offering.
The purpose of the IT Procurement Manager role is to manage IT procurement on behalf of this business.
This includes accountability for IT sourcing activity and category management processes and developing the strategy.
With exciting times ahead for this business, the IT Procurement Manager must bring a customer-centric approach and be prepared to think with a fresh perspective.
Key responsibilities of the IT Procurement Manager role include:
- Management of procurement activity relating to IT spend, totalling a value of c£30m.
- Responsible for building and delivering a sourcing plan around allocated IT spend
- Accountable for cost savings targets, according to annual targets set
- Lead on negotiations with suppliers, working in collaboration with internal customers
- Responsible for budget planning and mitigating commercial/financial risk
- To proactively engage with key IT stakeholders, to build relationships, offer commercial advice and support in the delivery of key technology projects
- Act as a credible source of commercial acumen for the wider business, positively profiling procurement across the business
- Constantly analyse the progress of the sourcing plan for IT spend, ensuring the business is utilising all opportunities and remaining up to date with the market
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive procurement experience in the IT procurement category
- Previous category management experience and delivery within a strategic procurement function
- Extensive understanding of legal and commercial terms and ability to interpret, negotiate and draft contractual documentation with strong attention to detail that considers the forward outlook
In applications we will be looking for:
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities in a continually changing environment
- Strong capability to engage, communicate, present and influence at all levels across the organisation including C-suite
- Strong negotiation, collaboration and people skills
- Agile to change with a well-organised and logical approach
Benefits of the IT Procurement Manager role include:
- Pension scheme
- Discounted products
- Service awards scheme
- Life assurance
- Festive bonus
- Travel support – season ticket loan/free shuttle bus
- Health cash plan
- Tailored training and development plan
To discuss the Procurement Officer role in more depth please contact Sophie Cook at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7387103143| +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.