A major retailer is recruiting an IT Procurement Manager to join its growing function.
The company is embarking on a bold transformation and expansion programme and is looking to develop its procurement team.
As IT Procurement Manager, reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will own a £60m spend across services, hardware, software and digital.
You will be instrumental in devising, embedding and implementing strategic category plans, while challenging and influencing the group’s wider senior leadership team.
You will be joining a high-performing, yet supportive, team in a company offering an inclusive and family-feel culture.
You will be responsible for
- The sourcing strategy for the IT category of GNFR spend currently £60m over the business plan period
- Using all elements of best-in-class category management to create and deliver a compelling category plan
- Partner with the Head of IT and senior management team to deliver full end-to-end procurement services
- Delivering sourcing strategies, including tendering, analysis, and selection of suppliers, while using negotiation techniques to deliver cost savings and efficiencies
- Challenging the Head of IT, trading groups and other support functions to re-engineer new IT investments, driving greater value in procurement
- Utilising knowledge of the external marketplace across suppliers, customers and competitors to execute strategic sourcing and supplier management plans
- Working with suppliers to continually improve product and service delivery and to bring new innovations to the company
- Supporting the development, communication and implementation of the procurement strategy, contract management process and policies across the group
- Working with senior stakeholders to define requirements and actively seek opportunities to share best practices across the wider business
- Group-wide spend management, targeting value from tail management, ad-hoc spend and consolidation strategy
You will be rewarded with
- Competitive salary of £55-65,000
- Bonus structure
- Private medical
- Various company discounts and initiatives