A leisure organisation at the forefront of innovation is recruiting an IT Category Manager to support the Senior Category manager to oversee their IT spend. This leading brand prides themselves on delivering exceptional customer service across all their platforms. This is your opportunity to join a team that is agile and continually looking to improve. Sound like something you’d like to be a part of?
This organisation currently has a £30 million IT spend that you will be a crucial part of, the IT spend is predicted to grow as the visionary Head of Procurement is looking to restructure how the IT category interfaces with the rest of the procurement function.
The Procurement team are highly ambitious and have a shared commitment to continuously improve and grow.
- Using Excel, interpret large amounts of data in preparation for further analytical extractions.
- Support in the production of procurement plans in order to establish and maintain negotiation strategies.
- Undertake group spend analysis where required in order to identify new procurement opportunities.
- Support the end users in developing specifications for the products and services for technology assigned categories whilst challenging requirements based on market knowledge.
- Conduct front end procurement activities, including:
- Market/supplier research
- Supplier evaluation
- Management of RFP’s and the vendor analysis process
- Establishing selection criteria in conjunction with the Category Manager and key stakeholders
- Minimum of 3 years IT procurement in Hardware or Software and understands the pitfalls
- Must have performed market enquiries i.e RFC’s
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good excel skills
- Ability to analyses complex problems, sees connections / trends, and works against the right priorities
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Procurement function that lead from the front. If you feel you are ready for a new challenge, I’d love to hear from you.
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads. All enquiries are confidential, you can reach Joe on 01962 869 838 / Joe@procurementheads.com.Top of Form