A leading Defence Technology organisation in Hampshire is embarking on its next phase of recruitment due to growth. The Procurement team is best in class and at the heart of every decision.
A Digital Transformation programme is underway across 4 large workstreams looking at a variety of improvement projects through tools and processes. This is a 5yr programme of activity with an approximate spend of £100m. It would be advantageous if you have already been part of a digital transformation previously.
In addition to this, the Category Manager will be responsible for delivering the Category plan and executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects against the Category plan. The role will be responsible for developing and executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects. The Category Manager has both internal and external recognition as an expert and is responsible for driving the sourcing process, supplier risk management, and collaboration with business leadership to deliver the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
You will work with the Senior IT Category Manager in defining as well as delivering against the strategy. A strong generalist would suit this role with knowledge of SAP/Arriba.
As IT Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop strong relationships with key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the wider Group Supply Chain Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale. The Category Manager will be responsible for identifying repeat requirements from the projects pipeline and to understand the demands on the Category Procurement Team and ensure the team can deliver suitable, long term contracting mechanisms.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop industrial strategies with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help the function achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
Skills and experience:
It is likely that you will be CIPS qualified and can demonstrate recent IT Procurement experience in a complex environment.
Knowledge and experience of strategic bidding and business development would be advantageous as well as proven contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and support others through the bidding process.
- Knowledge & significant prior application of UK Defence & Government procurement practices would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of working within externally recognised Bidding methodologies.
- Understands the impact of external customer requirements and recognises the levers that significantly improve the probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Highly proficient in the identification & mitigation of supply chain, organisational, regulatory, legal & commercial risk.
- Ability to constructively challenge and influence colleagues (where appropriate) to alter solution design or commercial offering.
- Ability to lead cross-functional delivery teams in a bid or project environment.
- Natural and articulate around senior management. Good listening skills and ability to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer the conversation towards decisions needed.
Benefits of the IT Category Manager include:
Attractive remuneration package to be discussed upon application.
How to apply:
To discuss the IT Category Manager role in more depth please contact Hayley Packham at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7780 043157 | Enquiries are all handled confidentially.