In a time of change, with a brand-new team taking shape, this well know Guildford based employer has created a new role as part of a 3-year strategy.
This greenfield opportunity is for a Category Manager across all of the IT services including Hardware, Software and Telecoms. The Procurement Agenda for 2018 couldn’t be more exciting with new Procurement initiatives being rolled out, a more agile workforce plan and Procurement being mandated across the business.
End to end category management is at the heart of Procurements philosophy as they really look to continue to raise the profile of Procurement. This role will report straight to the Procurement Director, with future potential to grow and develop a team within the role as you develop the category spend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set a new IT category strategy across the function
- Tap into the IT supplier base and uncovering new spend to review and drive value
- Be the IT subject matter expert within Procurement and working closely with the CIO to bring in innovative ways to maximise spend potential within IT Procurement
- Take accountability for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Work in a truly dynamic and impressive offices with the opportunity for flexible working
- A broad range of IT Category knowledge; particularly in Software, Hardware and Telecoms
- Good understanding of vendors, suppliers and commercial models across IT Services
- The ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business and perhaps have people managed either virtually or directly
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has perhaps worked in a larger IT Procurement function and now feels ready to take complete ownership of the IT Category in a brand-new role. There are real opportunities for “quick wins” in the role – you can deliver some great savings, raise the profile of IT Procurement and the wider Procurement team of 7.
If you are looking for a new role, and you have a passion for IT Procurement and like the sound of working within an environment with genuine autonomy – then this could be the role for you!