One of Basingstoke's most dynamic business is looking for an IT Category Manager to join its fast-paced environment.
The IT Category Manager will look after a range of sourcing projects focusing solely on the IT spend.
You will be responsible for creating and implementing category strategies, project managing, prioritising and ultimately consistently delivering on time and with best value outcomes.
As IT Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Group leadership of multiple sub-categories within the IT Category, up to £50m p.a in spend
- In particular, supporting the Authentication Division by sourcing supplier solutions and services that fundamentally underpin our customer proposals, but which also provide long-term, sustainable competitive advantage to DLR
- Provide strategic direction and operational support to a diverse group of stakeholders and partners, ensuring business requirements are clearly understood and accounted for
- Responsible for the development, validation, and sustainable implementation of the sub-category strategies. The strategies will align with the complex requirements of a diverse organisation keen to embrace and optimise new digital media and technology
- Responsible for the communication of sourcing plans and alignment between Procurement and its internal clients and external suppliers and partners
- Provide in-depth supply market knowledge across the assigned sub-categories and translate into strategic actions
- Ownership of category supplier base and associated SRM & TCO initiatives
- Manage risk with third parties as well as achieve operational compliance across all Procurement activities relevant to the IT category
To work for this exciting growing manufacturing organisation you will require the following experience:
- Capability in developing sourcing strategies and leading their implementation, delivering in a Change / Transformation based environment
- Tech Partner Supplier Relationship Management programme experience and relationship development
- Experience of Operations Outsourcing (Offshoring), as well as Application Rationalisation and Development and Software Licensing Optimisation
- Comprehensive knowledge of optimal pricing, incentive and outcome-based commercial models
- Full knowledge of sourcing/procurement procedures and processes, and knowledge of the external trends and best practices (SaaS, Multi-service Integrators, etc)
- Leadership of complex sourcing projects
- Ability to develop performance measures for category and sub-categories
- Deep knowledge of the relevant supply markets
In applications we will be looking for:
- Experience of leading, motivating and developing people through difficult period/large change programme
- MCIPS Qualified
This exciting role as IT Category Manager is paying up to £48,000 basic salary with the following benefits:
- £4.2k car allowance
- 15% bonus
To discuss the IT Category Manager role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.