An ambitious multinational insurance company is hiring a Category Manager to specialise in IT.
Looking for a challenging new opportunity in IT procurement? An exciting UK insurance company is seeking a skilled IT Category Manager to join their Procurement Team.
This critical role will see you responsible for implementing and managing the IT procurement strategy, using effective category management processes to improve efficiency, reduce costs and ensure compliance with industry regulations.
Previous insurance/financial experience is not a prerequisite as the business is open to different sector backgrounds.
However, previous IT category expertise will be required.
As a Category Manager, you’ll be able to make a real difference to the business by developing strong supplier relationships and mitigating any potential risks.
The team works with a hybrid model, spending 2 days a week in one of their many UK sites (Bristol, Birmingham, Bolton and London being the main hubs) with the rest spent working from home. As well as this, they are also happy to consider flexible working arrangements, such as part-time or condensed hours.
Key skills and responsibilities for the IT Category Manager role:
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather, assess and challenge business requirements
- Coordinate delivery of the process/initiative, leading to the establishment of best-in-class, policy, process, or service
- You will have broad experience in supporting IT initiatives including software, applications, SaaS, Digital and Cloud
- You may need to support the broader range of categories managed by the procurement team in times of high demand and/or absence
- Build the Category Strategy when it is not supported by a Global Category Manager and deliver this solution
- Challenge stakeholders in a manner appropriate to preserve relationships while achieving the right overall commercial result
- Manage the delivery of UK & I Procurement process, policy and procedures (e.g. RFP, RFI, etc.) in accordance with local and Group requirements
- Understand in detail the budget approach (by type of expenses, contract, supplier) with Finance and Business Budget Owner to ensure a clear understanding of the budget definition, utilization, optimisation and compliance
- Utilise Procurement tools (including IT) and best practices to increase efficiency and the quality of delivery contributing to Procurement savings and KPI objectives
Key experience required for the IT Category Manager role:
- Educated up to A level, Degree preferred
- Proven IT procurement experience.
- CIPS Professional Procurement qualification (or working towards)
Benefits of the IT Category Manager role:
- £60-70,000 salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Employee discounts