A renowned global Food & Beverage company is recruiting a Category Manager, Ingredients to join its growing team.
LOCATION: Remote – once a week in Norfolk
SALARY: £60,000 – £65,000
Key categories include: confectionary, snacks, sugar, glucose, chocolate, corn etc
Procurement Heads is partnered with a leading international food business that has been operating for over 150 years.
Embarking on a bold transformation the company is investing in procurement with several new hires across their Indirect and Direct categories.
As Category Manager, reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for your respective category area, devising, embedding and implementing category plans and strategies, while continuously improving your space.
You will manage £80 million worth of spend across the entire UK group’s 8 production sites.
Although this is a well-established business, you will be joining a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment.
The company wants an individual that can take accountability of their space and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo, driving the business forward.
Someone with experience in procuring Commodities is fundamental to the success of this role.
As Category Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Facilitate projects to achieve projects and provide competitive advantage for the business.
- Negotiation of commercial terms and contractual arrangements beneficial to the business that mitigate risks within the supply chain.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate category expenditure and create a category management plan that makes use of historical / forecasted data and mitigates any potential risks by applying the use of appropriate portfolio tools.
- Use Supplier Relationship Management to ensure the supplier and the business have aligned objectives.
- Determine the best suppliers and work with internal stakeholders to bring those suppliers onboard, taking account of the differing requirements from around the business.
- Undertake critical assessments of key suppliers using modelling and analysis techniques.
- Identify and deliver added value through the supply chain categories.
- Manage change within the supply chain categories such that internal and external stakeholders are engaged and informed.
- Monitor monthly variances for purchased categories and take appropriate actions to ensure delivery of the financial budgets.
- Encourage innovation in the supply chain and report on developments.
- Support the development of knowledge, capabilities and skills within the team to enhance personal performance and growth.
- Salary of up to £55-65,000
- Private medical