One of Britain's leading independent healthcare providers has created a brand-new role that will see you own all aspects of strategic sourcing on a designated range of indirect and infrastructure-related spend projects.
With one of the largest networks of hospitals and clinics in the country, this healthcare business’ Procurement team is critical to its overall success and you’ll play a vital role in its strategic outlook across its numerous sites.
Reporting to a Category Manager, the Indirects & Infrastructure Buyer will also work very closely with the Director of Procurement allowing you to fast track your development through shadowing a highly experienced Procurement leader.
As Indirects & Infrastructure Buyer your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing and delivering all aspects of strategic sourcing on a designated range of indirect and infrastructure-related spend projects
- Supporting the Procurement team in identifying value-added benefits in supply and cost reduction across the business
- Having full autonomy for Procurement projects across core service and product areas, ensuring category spend is managed effectively, and driving quality and cost savings for the organisation as they continue to grow
- Managing new supplier onboarding and contract performance management to include SLAs and KPI implementation
- End-to-end tender and contract management, including drafting and creating tender and contract documentation, with a focus on providing an exceptional experience to new suppliers
- Leading the negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and sourcing plans
- Promoting teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments
Skills and experience:
- Strong end-to-end procurement sourcing and category management experience across indirect procurement
- A Buyer with a Facilities Management background or a broad Indirects background
- Good IT literacy including MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in drafting contracts and negotiating terms
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organised, process and team-oriented with the ability to prioritise quickly
Benefits of the Indirects & Infrastructure Buyer role include:
- Up to 15% bonus
- 6% company pension
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance (2x salary)
- CIPS sponsorship
To discuss the Indirects & Infrastructure Buyer role in more depth, please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.