A dynamic Basingstoke-based business is looking for an Indirect Category Manager to join its fast-paced environment.
The Indirect Category Manager will look after a range of sourcing projects focusing solely all non-IT indirect spend.
You will be responsible for creating and implementing category strategies, project managing, prioritising and ultimately consistently delivering on time and with best value outcomes.
As Indirect Category Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Group leadership of multiple sub-categories, up to £75m p.a in spend.
- In particular, supporting the enabling functions (HR, Logistics, FM, IT) by sourcing supplier solutions and services that fundamentally underpin our License to Operate, but which also provide long-term, sustainable competitive advantage to DLR
- Provide strategic direction and operational support to a diverse group of stakeholders and partners, ensuring business requirements are clearly understood and accounted for
- Responsible for the development, validation, and sustainable implementation of the sub-category strategies. The strategies will align with the complex requirements of a diverse organisation keen to embrace and optimise new technology.
- Responsible for the communication of sourcing plans and alignment between Procurement and its internal clients and external suppliers and partners
- Provide in-depth supply market knowledge across the assigned sub-categories and translate into strategic actions
- Ownership of category supplier base and associated SRM & TCO initiatives
- Manage risk with third parties as well as achieve operational compliance across all Procurement activities relevant to the spend categories
To work for this exciting growing manufacturing organisation you will require the following experience:
- Capability in developing sourcing strategies and leading their implementation, delivering in a Change / Transformation based environment
- Supplier Relationship Management programme experience and relationship development
- Experience of Operations Outsourcing (incl. Offshoring) is desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of optimal pricing, incentive and outcome-based commercial models, as well as negotiating strategy development and implementation
- Full knowledge of sourcing/procurement procedures and processes, and knowledge of the external trends and best practices
- Leadership of complex sourcing projects
- Ability to develop performance measures for category and sub-categories
- Deep knowledge of the relevant supply markets
- Proven experience of relevant and successful strategic category management within a global environment to establish credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical, commercial and legal areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to champion the vision of the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
In applications we will be looking for:
- Experience of leading, motivating and developing people through difficult period/large change programme
- MCIPS Qualified
This exciting role as Indirect Category Manager is paying up to £48,000 basic salary with the following benefits:
- £4.2k Car allowance
- 15% Bonus
To discuss the Indirect Category Manager role in more depth please contact Joe Sewell at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7824 045 203 | +44 (0) 1962 869838. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.