A dynamic and ambitious global professional services firm is looking to recruit a HR & Professional Services Category Manager.
The business is highly respected in its field across the UK and as such is in a period of economic growth. The mission of the procurement function within the organisation is to support the wider business in reaching its goals around cost savings, ESG and building strong supplier relationships.
As a vital member of the procurement team, your role will be to develop and implement high-level business strategy for the HR and Professional Services categories.
To succeed in this role, you will have the gravitas to deal with high-level stakeholders in the procurement team and wider business and have drive and initiative.
Having recently joined the business himself, the hiring manager has stressed that the culture of the organisation is the best he has worked for. There is a strong emphasis on work-life balance, personal development and contribution to society reflected in an extensive company culture report.
The business is flexible regarding working patterns but will look for you to be present in one of the 16 regional offices around the UK for one day a week.
- Enforcing policies, tools and templates for the management and governance of HR & Professional services vendors aligned with Procurement Policies
- Working closely with HR & Professional services teams to understand their current vendor management strategy and review the process
- Working with the wider procurement team in cost-effective negotiations with market-leading vendors and ensuring compliance of the negotiated agreement is established
- Optimising value delivery by management of vendors and negotiations
- Creating and managing the HR and Professional Services management plan
- Driving continuous improvement
- Serving as a point of escalation for vendor issues and disputes and driving those issues to resolution
- Regularly reviewing and evaluating opportunities to improve best practices in order to achieve higher maturity in management of HR & Professional Services vendors
- Building and maintaining relationships with all key HR & Professional Services stakeholders in order to act as a trusted advisor
Key skills and experience:
- Experience in HR & Professional Services Category Management
- Knowledge of HR & Professional Services industry, products and services
- Understanding of end-to-end procurement processes in the HR & Professional Services Categories
- Working knowledge of contract management and negotiation
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Up to £65,000
- 6% Cash Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Other generous added benefits