Are you passionate about sourcing within procurement? This highly professional and ambitious sourcing team is leading the way in world class sourcing strategy and is now looking for a Head of Strategic Sourcing for Services.
Your role as Head of Sourcing will be to maximise the effectiveness of the procurement teams and support them in separating Category Development from Strategic Sourcing. Your role will involve building strong supplier relationships and optimising contracts, whilst the Strategic Sourcing team manage all market exercises and tenders, from researching the market, building and executing sourcing strategies through to contracting and implementation planning. As project-based sourcing consultants your influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills will be used on a day to day basis.
The purpose of the Head of Sourcing is to be at the forefront of all sourcing strategies and sourcing related decision making. You will manage a first-class team of 3 to optimise a wide range of strategic sourcing projects using a procurement framework to support you.
You will be operating in a fast-paced environment, across a multitude of indirect categories. The insight you bring will be integral and paramount to ensure effective management of the team to ensure projects aims and objectives are exceeded. These include both financial targets, service excellence and softer sourcing scorecard metrics.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Category Development team to identify new project opportunities, update on key projects, build ongoing activity calendar and ensure effective day to day relationship.
- Mentor team to ensure strategic direction of sourcing projects geared towards maximising opportunities and leveraging volume.
- Running sourcing projects from handover of data and business needs, through to strategy and execution before transitioning project back to Category after contracting and agreeing implementation plan
- Presenting Projects to internal and external teams, selling the opportunity of involvement in projects and ensuring effective engagement plans
- Day to day project management
If you’re an ambitious, successful and targeted individual, wanting to take your first step into leadership, then this could be the role for you.
To discuss this role in more depth please contact Rupert Gaster at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07867 453328 | 01962 869838 . All enquiries are handled confidentially.