A cutting-edge and ambitious healthcare provider in London is recruiting for a Head of Supply Chain to play a pivotal and essential role across the whole enterprise.
A high-profile role within a growing and dynamic organisation, the Head of Supply Chain will be responsible for the effective ordering, delivery and management of £100m+ value of products per year across its multiple sites.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement & Supply Chain, you’ll provide leadership, direction and strategy to the Supply Chain team through BAU service development and enhancement projects to deliver a ‘best in class’ end-to-end service to clinical areas and stakeholders.
As Head of Supply Chain your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Supply Chain team to deliver across operational purchasing, inventory and storage management
- Supporting the development of Supply Chain policy for short, medium- and long-term success across the function
- Ensuring multi-disciplinary Supply Chain projects are led effectively by a team member who can agree where improved service will be achieved through changes in the current service provision
- Supporting the management of the Supply Chain function through the definition of appropriate internal and external SLA agreements and KPIs
- Helping to develop and project a common Supply Chain identity and a set of shared objectives
- Analysing data to substantiate proposed operational approaches, demonstrate how changes to operational processes/products can proactively impact on patient pathways
- Advising others on specialist techniques and technologies available to improve the service
- Creating a service of Supply Chain excellence
- Exploring and exploiting opportunities for collaborative working internally and externally
- At an operational level, proactively leading and managing multiple programmes and projects to maximise efficiencies of the supply chain
- Supporting the Director of Procurement & Supply Chain in networking with key current and future clients, suppliers, clinical and professional bodies
- Supporting the vision, goals and work plans and prioritising activity to achieve change objectives
- Recognising the need to engage staff and stakeholders in discussions about proposed changes and explain the reasons and benefits
- Encouraging ideas and suggestions from others
- Working with the Director of Procurement & Supply Chain to proactively organise meetings and workshops to facilitate discussion, field questions and listen to enhancement ideas and or objections from staff and clients
- Leading value engineering initiatives, including value stream mapping and other techniques to eliminate waste and inefficiency and improving productivity through the use of technology
- Developing policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implementing subsequent changes to processes.
Skills and experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Project management qualification
- Substantial experience managing supply chain functions where the supply chain is considered a strategic core competence in the success of the organisation
- Experience as a manager with a proven ability to build and manage successful teams
- Expert knowledge of best-in-class supply chain management practices
- An understanding of strategic supply chain relationships and inter-dependencies
- Member of the Institute of Supply Chain
- CIPS Membership
Benefits of the Head of Supply Chain role include:
- 10% bonus
- 12% pension (total contribution)
- 27 days holiday
How to apply:
To discuss the Head of Supply Chain role in more depth please contact James Dobbin at Procurement Heads by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0) 7785 622635. Enquiries are all handled confidentially.