Executive Heads has partnered with a Defence Contractor, based in Rosyth, Scotland to help them appoint a Head of Supply Chain for one of its most high-profile contracts.
This is a newly created role designed to drive the capability of the Supply Chain function across this contract and as part of a broader business strategy.
You’ll work closely with the programme Director and the business Supply Chain Director to design, develop and drive an efficient and effective supply chain and procurement function that ensures the build programme runs on time and budget.
Key objectives include:
Ensuring commercial risk is appropriately shared with suppliers for the entire BoM and support services, with robust contracts, pricing and defined deliverables.
- Addressing strategy changes in make-buy, contract flow downs and performance management, resource deployment as the program progresses
- Supplier Relationship Management to ensure sustainable performance and develop the UK prosperity agenda
- Management of all supplier deliverables
- Correct and disciplined use of a developing suite of management systems for purchase orders and material control
- Continuous value improvement and Supply Chain Risk Management
- Leading a team of high calibre P&SC professionals, some of whom are relatively inexperienced in naval ship construction programs.
We are looking for a Senior Procurement and Supply Chain professional with a proven track record of success in a similar role with a multi-£BN operating budget, the gravitas and mental aptitude to work with and engage with a broad range of senior stakeholders and a visible, hands-on leadership style.
You will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to operate in a matrix organisation with dual reporting lines.
You’ll need a passion for leading and developing high performing, commercially focused teams and be able to devise and convey a clear strategy and strategic direction.
The base salary is up to £95,000 + bonus and senior benefits package.